This is one of those simple throw together salads that looks kinda fancy. More importantly it tastes delicious and is wholesome enough to be a meal itself.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 bag spinach leaves
- 150grams / handful sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 300grams sweet potato
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 200g Feta
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Peel sweet potato and chop into 1cm pieces, roast on baking tray until soft.
- Cook quinoa as per packet instructions. Generally this takes 20minutes to simmer until the quinoa is translucent.
- Set sweet potato and quinoa aside to cool.
- To make dressing mix lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and mustard together.
- Combine quinoa, spinach, walnuts, sweet potato, red onion and crumbled feta together.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture and toss.
- Double the dressing mixture if you like your salad to be completely covered.
- This is also delicious with roused zucchini added.
- To save on time pre roast the sweet potato and quinoa.
Why Meatless Monday? Click here for more info
Would love to know if you made it and what you make with quinoa.