Vegetable Red Thai Curry
This flavorful vegetarian Thai red curry recipe matches sweet potatoes with fresh greens beans and zucchini, though you can substitute any of the veggies. If you’re using cauliflower or sweet potato, add them first as they will take longer to cook than green beans.
- 1 can coconut milk,
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian Thai red curry paste
- 1 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 cups water
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of galangal or ginger
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 2 fresh red chillies, cut into long strips (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cauliflower
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, preferably Thai basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Heat a wide heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add about 2 tablespoons coconut milk,ginger, garlic, onion and curry paste, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, until aromatic, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of the coconut milk and cook for 1 minute, then add sweet potatoes & cauliflower. Stir to coat the pieces and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes more.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Cook until the sweet potatoes are almost cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining coconut milk.
- Stir in green beans & zucchini, basil and salt until well combined.
- Turn heat to low & simmer until all the vegetables are soft.
Serve with steamed Jasmine rice and lime wedges