I have to admit I have only recently started cooking with barley. Pleasantly surprised at how hearty and tasty it is.
- 1 cup Barley
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of rocket
- 100g feta, crumbed
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely sliced basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely sliced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place barley in a saucepan with 6 cups boiling water. Simmer for 25 minutes or until just tender. Rinse under cold water, then drain. Set aside to cool
- Lightly toast pine nuts in a pan until they are golden.
- To make dressing, place olive oil, garlic, basil leaves, mint, vinegar and lemon juice in a screw-top jar and shake well.
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and pour dressing over. Top with feta & serve