Potato & Leek Soup
This soup is a classic and freezes well. I love eating this chilled in summer or served warm with crusty bread in winter.
- 25g butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 500g potatoes, washed, peeled and diced
- 1L of vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper, pinch of each
- 200ml Cream
- Chives, chopped for garnish
- Place butter in pot and melt
- Place onion in pot on low heat until it is soft and translucent
- Add leek to pot and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add potato to mixture
- Pour stock into the pot, bring to boil then simmer for 15-20minutes or until the potato is soft
- Leave the mixture to cool down for around 15 minutes or so (optional)
- Place mixture in blender with seasoning and cream, blend until the mixture is smooth
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with black pepper & chopped chives.
If you like your soup to be smooth theres the option to pour the soup through a sieve prior to serving or storing.
Why Meatless Monday? Click here for more info