Delicious on its own or served as a side dish you can’t go wrong with this simple pumpkin and spinach salad.
It’s quick, delicious and can easily be adapted if you want to add more ingredients.
Speaking of ingredients, you’ll need
- 600grams pumpkin pieces, cut into 1cm cubes and roasted
- 80grams of pine nuts
- 200grams / 1 packet baby spinach leaves
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- 150grams of feta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cut pumpkin into 1cm cubes, place onto roasting tray, cover slightly in oil and roast until soft. Set aside to cool
- Place the pinenuts in a non stick fry pan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spook until pinenuts are golden (once golden remove to a ceramic dish so the pinenuts do not continue to cook and burn).
- Wash baby spinach and set aside to drain. I like to lay the leaves out on a clean tea towel.
- Crumb fetta into a bowl and combine all items together, including the chopped mint.
- Drizzle with your favourite dressing or combine the honey, balsamic and olive oil together
This serves two people as a main meal or four as a side salad to another dish.